With Coachella fast approaching I am feeling so bummed out that I did not snap up some tickets! Last year when I attended Coachella I got to tick off one of my big bucket list items. I always promised myself that I would attend Coachella before I passed 25 years old and what do you know – I got to do it 1 month before turning 26 last year.
I honestly didn’t know what to expect since it was our first time at the festival but after going I put together the ultimate TIPS & TRICKS you need to know for Coachella. Here are 7 lessons I learnt from my experience at Coachella:
1. No DSLR cameras in the festival (unless you have a media pass – and nope we didn’t). Trust me – leave them at home, security is pretty tight and we even tried to smuggle it in but anything with a detachable lens is a NO GO.
2. Dress comfortable – don’t wear heels (if you’re going to wear heels for a photo then bring a bag and put a change of shoes in there).
3. Most people go to the festival from 4pm onwards until the night. It’s extremely hot during the morning until almost sunset and all the great lineups usually play at night.
4. Plan your day – download the Coachella app and make sure you know the times for the lineups you want to listen to. It can be hard to get reception at Coachella so be sure to know where you are going and don’t lose your group.
5. Cards are accepted inside the festival. It isn’t a cash only place.
6. Wear lots of sunscreen if you’re planning to go during the day.
7. Bring a jacket for night time – it can get pretty chilly.
Since no DSLR cameras were allowed I’ll show you my experience through the eyes of my iPhone camera. Let me know in the comments below if you’ve been to Coachella and what your experience was like. Here’s my Coachella 2017 Photo Diary (PS we stayed at La Quinta and LOVED it):